Re: How much do the hint bits help?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How much do the hint bits help?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> writes:
> With this statement, you just moved the goal posts on the checksumming
> ideas.  In fact, you didn't just move the goal posts, you picked the
> ball up and teleported it to another stadium.

What he said.  I can't imagine that anyone will be interested in any
case other than "set the CRC immediately before writing, and check it
upon first reading the page in".  Maintaining it continuously while the
page is in shared memory is completely insane from a cost-versus-benefit
perspective.

Сообщение: Re: How much do the hint bits help?
Сообщение: Re: How much do the hint bits help?