Re: CleanHelpPath & index.html

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: CleanHelpPath & index.html
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On 06.01.2016 22:47, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> looking into misc.cpp, around line 661, there is CleanHelpPath. When I
> try to add a documentation link ending with "index.html", this function
> incorrectly assumes that it must be a directory and adds a "/" (or
> whatever the current separator is).
>
> This even happens when the correct link is in ~/.pgadmin3. The link is
> then read from the config file, cleaned up incorrectly and when I try to
> open the help link, it points to the wrong URL (index.html/).
>
> Attached is a small patch which checks a string in CleanHelpPath if it
> ends in one of the most common file types (.htm, .html, .php and .asp)
> and if this is the case, the string is returned as is.

Actually, screw this patch. pgAdmin3::InitHelp() does some very obscure
magic if a path ends on "index.html", but only for ".html", not for
other endings.

I don't know why the old Greenplum documentation link worked before - it
ends in "index.html". It definitely does not work anymore, but that is
another patch.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group