Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 01/02/2016 09:56 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Basil,
>
>> Generally best to define first occurrence of acronyms with full name spelled-out. But I don’t know if I would bother
withthese two or not.
>> —
>> PCI, HIPAA
>> —
>
> Those are external acronyms, and in common usage in the USA; do they
> need to be spelled out?  Frankly, I use them and have no idea what they
> stand for.  What do other people think?

I would leave them. Those who know them will appreciate them, those that
don't can google them.

> It's not a general change of slogan; most advanced is used elsewhere, I
> think.  Personally, I would love to change our slogan to "world's
> leading" but that's not an argument I'm willing to start now.

I would love to change our slogan to: The World's Most Advanced Database
(I don't want to start the argument either).

JD

Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest