Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension

От Artur Zakirov
Тема Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27.12.2015 08:12, Jeff Janes wrote:
> This is very interesting.  I suspect the index will not be very useful
> in cases where the full string is much larger than the substring,
> because the limit will not be met often enough to rule out many rows
> just based on the index data.  I have a pretty good test case to see.
>
> Can you update the patch to incorporate the recent changes committed
> under the thread "Patch: pg_trgm: gin index scan performance for
> similarity search"?  They conflict with your changes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

I updated the patch and attached it. The patch includes source code and
regression tests now.
It will be very good if you will test it with your case.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Avoid endless futile table locks in vacuuming.
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Minor additional changes to 9.5's INSERT documentation