Re: tracking owner of extension-managed objects

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: tracking owner of extension-managed objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/23/15 12:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> What's the lightest-weight object I can create that has an owner,
>> >and whose disappearance I can be notified of?
> Schema?

I was thinking view or function, since then you can hide all of them in
an internal-only schema.

BTW, I've been pondering a very similar problem to this. I'm working on
a metacoding framework, and it's inevitable that at some point it will
want to know what objects it's created. I can use reg* for a lot of
that, but that still doesn't let me do a foreign key. And not all
objects have reg* casts last I looked.

I was planning on just making a best possible attempt and solving this
in an extension via a combination of event triggers, reg* and other
voodoo, but being able to insert things directly into pg_(sh)depend or
equivalent tables would be a lot more robust.