Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/12/22 15:24, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:32 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If we get the feature - join pushdown for postgres_fdw -
>> working, then we might get some feedback from users about what they
>> like about it or don't, and certainly if this is a frequent complaint
>> then that bolsters the case for doing something about it, and possibly
>> also helps us figure out what that thing should be.  On the other
>> hand, if we don't get the feature because we're busy debating
>> interface details related to this patch, then none of these details
>> matter anyway because nobody except developer is actually running the
>> code in question.
>
> As this debate continues, I think that moving this patch to the next
> CF would make the most sense then.. So done this way.

Perhaps, this ended (?) with the following commit:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=385f337c9f39b21dca96ca4770552a10a6d5af24

Thanks,
Amit

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Commit fest status for 2015-11
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Coding note: truncating with strlcpy() is not such a hot idea