Re: Error in calling a function with protocol 7.4

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Error in calling a function with protocol 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 09/12/15 02:40, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> when function is called using the following way, it generates an error.
>
> ? = CALL procname ()
>
> The error message with 09.03.0400 with protocol 7.4 is
> errstate -> 08P01
> errcode -> 7
> errmsg -> ERROR: invalid message format; Error while executing the query
>
> But it passes with protocol 6.4 in version 09.03.0400. The same test passes
> with either protocol versions in version 09.03.0100.
>
> Function:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION PROC1() RETURNS INTEGER
> AS $$
>    BEGIN
>      RETURN 1234;
>    END;
> $$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
>
> Here I attached the sample test file to reproduce the problem. I want to know
> whether is it a problem or normal behavior in this version?

It's a bug. I bisected it into commit e6d7ded, which was a bit
surprising because that commit didn't change the way the parameters are
handled, AFAICS. In any case, in 'master', the bug was quite clearly in
libpq_bind_and_exec(): with a not-already-prepared statement, it sent
the original number of parameters to the server, rather than the number
of parameters minus the OUT params.

Pushed a fix for this to master. Thanks for the test case!

- Heikki