query timeout

От Ondrej Dzivy Balucha
Тема query timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi

Is there any keyword to setup query timeout? I have ODBC connection to
remote PostgreSQL database.
I connect to db with isql (for example), send query and i get result.
Now connection lost(disconnected cable or other problem) and I send next
query. No answer or error message and isql waiting and waiting and ....
waiting(I was waiting for 20 minutes and no response). Is there any way
to setup timeout in odbc.ini or odbcinst.ini?

I know that ibm DB2 has this keyword in db2 client(ReceiveTimeout = time
in seconds to wait for a reply from the server on an established
connection before terminating the attempt and generating a communication
timeout error). If I setup ReceiveTimeout = 5 , than I get error after 5
seconds when no response.
I need setup this for PostgreSQL.

Regards

--