Re: pg_tables bug?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_tables bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12/18/2015 05:18 PM, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> From documentation about "CREATE DATABASE name WITH TABLESAPCE =
> tablespace_name":
>
> tablespace_name
> The name of the tablespace that will be associated with the new
> database, or DEFAULT to
> use the template database's tablespace. This tablespace will be the
> default tablespace used
> for objects created in this database. See CREATE TABLESPACE for more
> information.
>
> I'm sure that my tables are created in the name space but those are
> not reported either in
> pg_tables, either in pg_dump or by \d.

1. Please don't top-post on the PostgreSQL lists. See
<http://idallen.com/topposting.html>

2. The system is working as designed and as documented - see the
comments in the docs on pg_tables. If nothing is shown for the table's
tablespace then it will be in the default tablespace for the database.
That's what you're seeing. You appear to be assuming incorrectly that it
means that the table will be in the system's default tablespace.

cheers

andrew