Re: pam auth - add rhost item

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: pam auth - add rhost item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11/25/2015 01:45 PM, Grzegorz Sampolski wrote:
> Well, this is not matter since pam_set_item expect this argument as a
> string.
> Besides there is not always possible to get map from ip address to
> hostname. So hostname is just a synonim for whatever information you
> cat get about remote machine.

I'm no PAM guru, but I don't see how this implies that we should
entirely abandon FQDN if it's available. Other tools relying on PAM have
to face the same question, so how do they address it?

For example this [1] sssd ticket suggests that for example OpenSSH makes
this configurable - when UseDNS=yes then it attempts to resolve the IP
address to a FQDN, with UseDNS=no it passes the IP address without
attempting to use DNS.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/908

So maybe we need a knob for this, similar to UseDNS in OpenSSH?

Otherwise, the patch seems fine to me, except for whitespace issues.
Please, make sure you use tabs for indentation (and not spaces).

regards