Re: pg_restore: custom archiver unexpected end of file , ERROR: missing data for column

От Khangelani Gama
Тема Re: pg_restore: custom archiver unexpected end of file , ERROR: missing data for column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Adrian you might be right I have just tried to pg_restore on the same
> server(8.4.2), I get the same errors related to xml. Can someone
> advise if the following XML file as an example is in the correct state or
> not:

 Hi all

I have a question, why is that pg_dump does not fail when dumping the
database but only fails when restoring the database?
Dumping the database from same server and restoring it on the same server.
Since there is data issues inside the database why is the pg_dump not
failing as well?
This is postgres 8.4.2.

Please assist. This is a frustrating , application developers need answers
from us.

Regards,
Khangelani

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no
liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.