Re: WIP: Rework access method interface

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Дата
Re: WIP: Rework access method interface  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-12-12 23:17, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 9:21 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:petr@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2015-12-09 15:09, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>

>         ​Patch was rebased against current master.
>         Any notes about current version of patch?
>         It would be nice to commit it and continue work on other parts of am
>         extendability.​
>

>     The rebase seems broken, there are things missing in this version of
>     the patch (for example the validation functions).
>

> ​Ooops, sorry. Correct version is attached.​

Hi,

I went over this.

I get these compiler warning about unused variables in the validation
functions:
brin.c: In function ‘brinvalidate’:
brin.c:94:6: warning: variable ‘keytype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      keytype;      ^
ginutil.c: In function ‘ginvalidate’:
ginutil.c:86:6: warning: variable ‘keytype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      keytype;      ^
gist.c: In function ‘gistvalidate’:
gist.c:101:6: warning: variable ‘keytype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      keytype;      ^
hash.c: In function ‘hashvalidate’:
hash.c:103:6: warning: variable ‘keytype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      keytype;      ^
nbtree.c: In function ‘btvalidate’:
nbtree.c:134:6: warning: variable ‘keytype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      keytype;      ^
nbtree.c:133:6: warning: variable ‘intype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      intype,      ^
spgutils.c: In function ‘spgvalidate’:
spgutils.c:88:6: warning: variable ‘keytype’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]      keytype;      ^

These look like copy-pastos of boilerplate.

Another note is that amvalidate SQL interface is not documented
anywhere. I know it's mainly meant for regression tests and we for
example don't document hashing functions but it's something to think
about/discuss maybe.

Other than that I am happy with the patch.

Services