Re: initdb when data/ folder has mount points

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb when data/ folder has mount points
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
> On 02/21/2018 06:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>>> Apparently, initdb assumes that data/ is one big mount point. However, we
>>> have four mount points:
>>> /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data/backup
>>> /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data/base
>>> /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data/pg_log
>>> /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data/pg_xlog

>> Don't do that.

> I'm replicating the structure in our existing systems.  Is there an (up to
> date) Best Practices document for these kinds of issues?

Well, initdb has never allowed a non-empty target (at least not in this
century).  So your existing setup must have been achieved by manual
hacking post-initdb, which you could certainly do again if you're dead
set on that layout.  I remain of the opinion that it's not a good
design, though.