Re: plperlu stored procedure seems to freeze for a minute

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: plperlu stored procedure seems to freeze for a minute
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/4/15 4:15 AM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

>> >The minute you start fooling with a backend's signal behavior, we're
>> >going to politely refuse to support whatever breakage you run into.
> As I understood Jim he was talking about possible changes to postgresql
> to shield UDFs from those signals, not something the author of a UDF
> should do.

No, I was suggesting that:

1) It might possible for Postgres error handling to detect that a signal
had been received since entering a UDF if the UDF reported an error, and
make that information available as part of the standard error report.

2) If there are alarms being set specifically for authentication, they
should probably be cancelled after authentication is successful.

I certainly do NOT think it would be wise to disable all signal handling
during UDF execution. Just for starters, that means that if a UDF went
into an infinite loop your only way to recover would be to PANIC the
entire database. It would probably create a bunch of other problems as well.

In other words, UDFs *must* be capable of handling an interrupt.