Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Maybe there's something about the linker flags being used.
> ... ah yeah, if I configure with coverage enabled on my machine, it fails in the same way.

Ah-hah, yeah, I see it too if I enable profiling.  I can confirm
that it's not from the abort() call in path.c, because it's still
there if I remove that.  So this is another case where build
infrastructure is injecting abort() calls we didn't ask for.

Between this and the icc case, I'm now inclined to give up on
trying to forbid abort() calls in libpq.  I think the value-add
for that is a lot lower than it is for exit() anyway.  abort()
is something one doesn't toss around lightly.

You mentioned __gcov_exit, but I'm not sure if we need an
exception for that.  I see it referenced by the individual .o
files, but the completed .so has no such reference, so at least
on RHEL8 it's apparently satisfied during .so linkage.  Do you
see something different?