Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work as expected and allow NOT NULL violation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work as expected and allow NOT NULL violation
Дата
Ответы Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation  (Jürgen Strobel <juergen+postgresql@strobel.info>)
Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> One of the guiding principles that I think we should hold for
> partitioning is that operating directly into the partition should be
> seen as only an optimization compared to inserting into the parent table
> -- thus it should not behave differently.  Applying different default
> values depending on where you're inserting into goes counter to that
> principle.

I'm not entirely convinced that I buy that argument, especially not in
a case like this where it introduces logical inconsistencies where there
otherwise wouldn't be any.