Re: Passing initially_valid values instead of !skip_validation to StoreRelCheck() in AddRelationNewConstraints()

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Passing initially_valid values instead of !skip_validation to StoreRelCheck() in AddRelationNewConstraints()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/3/15 12:44 PM, amul sul wrote:
>> On Thursday, 3 December 2015 4:36 PM, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> The user will have to separately validate the constraint by issuing a ALTER TABLE VALIDATE CONSTRAINT
>> command at a time of their choosing.
>
> This could be time consuming operation for big table, If I am pretty much sure that my constraint will be valid,
simplyI could set both flag(initially_valid & skip_validation) to true.

I'm confused here.  It sounds like you're suggesting an SQL level
feature, but you're really focused on a single line of code for some
reason.  Could you take a step back and explain the high level picture
of what you're trying to achieve?

.m

От: amul sul
Сообщение: Re: Passing initially_valid values instead of !skip_validation to StoreRelCheck() in AddRelationNewConstraints()
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] overflow checks optimized away