Re: psql: add \pset true/false

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: psql: add \pset true/false
Дата
Re: psql: add \pset true/false  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 11/15/15 3:20 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> As to the argument about displaying a check or an X, why should that
>> capability only exist for boolean types? For example, why not allow psql
>> to convert a numeric value into a bar of varying sizes? I've frequently
>> emulated that with something like SELECT repeat( '*', blah * 30 /
>> max_of_blah ). I'm sure there's other examples people could think of.
>
> Well, why not?  The question there is only how many marginal features
> you want to stuff into psql, not whether it's the right place to stuff them.

I was more thinking it would be nice to be able to temporarily
over-ride/wrap what an output function is doing. AFAIK that would allow
this to work everywhere (row(), copy, etc). I don't know of any remotely
practical way to do that, though.

Сообщение: Re: psql ignores failure to open -o target file
Сообщение: Re: psql ignores failure to open -o target file