Re: 2 questions

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: 2 questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/27/2015 01:17 PM, anj patnaik wrote:
> Hello,
> Yes, postgres is currently installed on a nfs mounted file system. So
> when graphical installer runs, there is a form which asks location for
> installation. I specified this path /opt/nfsDir/Postgres where nfsDir is
> a nfs mount. So currently this is where PG 9.4 lives.

What is under /opt/nfsDir/Postgres?

> My question is when I am given a brand new VM on a different physical
> server, can I mount that same NFS FS and use the Postgres or do I need
> to re-install PG on new VM?

How are you using Postgres now? Please be specific, more detail is
better then less at this point.

> I am not sure if PG writes to any other directories besides the one
> where it is installed.

> On the issue of logging, I see a lot of log statements because client
> apps do upserts and since I use Tcl I don't have a SQL proc, but rather
> I let it exception and then do an update on the row.

You can Tcl in the database:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/pltcl.html

That will not change things if you let the database throw an exception
there also.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.