Re: pg_upgrade help

От Fabio Pardi
Тема Re: pg_upgrade help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

please avoid crossposting to multiple mailing lists.

You need to run both versions of the database, the old and the new.

They need to run on different ports (note that it is impossible to run 2
different processes on the same port, that's not a postgresql thing)

On 04/18/2018 09:30 AM, Akshay Ballarpure wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need help on pg_upgrade from 8.4 to 9.4 version. Appreciate urgent
> response.
> Installed both version and stopped it. Do i need to run both version or
> only one 8.4 or 9.4 . Both should run on 50432 ?
>

> -bash-4.2$ id
> uid=26(postgres) gid=26(postgres) groups=26(postgres)
> context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
>
> -bash-4.2$ export OLDCLUSTER=/var/ericsson/esm-data/postgresql-data
>                        -- 8.4 data
> -bash-4.2$ export NEWCLUSTER=/var/ericsson/esm-data/postgresql-data-9.4
>                   -- 9.4 data
>

> -bash-4.2$ /opt/rh/rh-postgresql94/root/usr/bin/pg_upgrade
> --old-bindir=/usr/bin --new-bindir=/opt/rh/rh-postgresql94/root/usr/bin
> --old-datadir=$OLDCLUSTER --new-datadir=$NEWCLUSTER
>
> *connection to database failed: could not connect to server: No such
> file or directory*
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket
> "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.50432"?
>

> could not connect to old postmaster started with the command:
> "/usr/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l "pg_upgrade_server.log" -D
> "/var/ericsson/esm-data/postgresql-data" -o "-p 50432 -c autovacuum=off
> -c autovacuum_freeze_max_age=2000000000  -c listen_addresses='' -c
> unix_socket_permissions=0700" start
> Failure, exiting
>

> With Best Regards
> Akshay

> and any attachments. Thank you

Сообщение: Re: How to fetch data from tables in PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: How to fetch data from tables in PostgreSQL