Converting from Progress 4GL and DBMS

От John Wells
Тема Converting from Progress 4GL and DBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I corresponded on the list in the past with some folks who'd gone through
a successful migration from Progress Software Corporation's database and
4gl to Postgresql and another gui or web solution.

I've since taken over as director of our software development group, and
my top priority is to rid myself (and the company) of Progress.  Working
with their licensing group has felt like dealing with la cosa nostra...

Anyway, I'm looking for two things: 1. insight and suggestions from anyone
who's gone through a similar experience, and 2. potenatial for-hire
resources for either consulting my team on our effort or for the actual
conversion itself.  We don't have a massive budget, but at least there IS
a budget.

We are forging forward soon regardless if we're able to find outside help,
but I hope someone in the Postgres community can point me in the right
direction.

Feel free to email me on or off list, or, alternatively, you can reach me
at my work email at john.wells@timco.aero.

Thanks!

John