Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/23/15 5:12 AM, Benedikt Grundmann wrote:
> So I would love to know what the recommended way to go forward is.
> Ideally it avoids using the old postgres unix
> and database user (we want to completely get rid of it eventually, but
> if I have to do some additional one off work this
> time to get past this hurdle using the user that is of course an
> acceptable trade off).

Can you provide a test script that demonstrates the problem?

The unix user that runs the database processes is pretty inconsequential
to Postgres (as long as it's not root). There's generally no need for
any correlation between unix accounts and database accounts. initdb uses
the unix account running initdb for the initial database account, but as
you've seen you can over-ride that.

pg_upgrade does care about unix accounts though (since it's dealing
directly with the file system). It also needs to be able to connect to
both databases, so it needs valid database login credentials as well.