Re: Streaming large data into postgres [WORM like applications]

От Dhaval Shah
Тема Re: Streaming large data into postgres [WORM like applications]
Дата
Re: Streaming large data into postgres [WORM like applications]  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I do care about the following:

1. Basic type checking
2. Knowing failed inserts.
3. Non-corruption
4. Macro transactions. That is a minimal read consistency.

The following is not necessary

1. Referential integrity

In this particular scenario,

1. There is a sustained load and peak loads. As long as we can handle
peak loads, the sustained loads can be half of the quoted figure.
2.  The row size has limited columns. That is, it is spans at most a
dozen or so columns and most integer or varchar.

It is more data i/o heavy rather than cpu heavy.

Regards
Dhaval

--
Dhaval Shah