Re: pg_trgm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_trgm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> writes:
>> This is still ignoring the point: arbitrarily changing the module's
>> longstanding standard behavior isn't acceptable.  You need to provide
>> a way for the user to control the behavior.  (Once you've done that,
>> I think it can be just either "alnum" or "!isspace", but maybe some
>> other behaviors would be interesting.)

> To be honest I don't know what "module's longstanding standard
> behavior" should be. It's not documented anywhere.

Well, that's a documentation problem rather than an argument for
changing the code.

> If you mean that is
> whatever the current implementation is, then any effort to touch the
> module should be prohibited.

I don't think it's unreasonable to insist that behavioral changes be
made in an upward compatible fashion ... especially ones that seem as
least as likely to break some current usages as to enable new usages.

Сообщение: Re: tsvector pg_stats seems quite a bit off.
Сообщение: Re: tsvector pg_stats seems quite a bit off.