Re: After configuring remote access,server can't be started

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: After configuring remote access,server can't be started
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/22/2015 01:54 AM, Alex Luya wrote:
> My postgresql 9.4 is installed in centos 6.7,and I have followed this:
>
>     http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/postgresql-remote-access-or-connection/

The above is more than eight years old, approach with caution.

> 1,cd /var/libpgsql/9.4/data
>
> 2,cp  postgresql.conf.sample postgresql.conf

You have already been told this is not a good idea. Instead modify the
postgresql.conf that was created by initdb. Same for pg_hba.conf below.

> 3,sudo vi postgresql.conf and add two lines,and save it:
>
>     *listen_addresses = "*"
>     tcpip_socket = true*

Again, tcpip_socket no longer exists.

> 4,cp pg_hba.conf.sample pg_hba.conf
>
> 5,sudo vi pg_hba.conf then *commented(maybe this is uneccessary)*
>
>     #host    all             all 127.0.0.1/32 <http://127.0.0.1/32>
>             @authmethodhost@
>     #host    all             all             ::1/128
>     @authmethodhost@
>

> 6,add two lines:(I have tried to change *md5 to trust*,neither works)
>
>     *host    all             all 0.0.0.0/0 <http://0.0.0.0/0>
>          md5
>     host    all             all             ::0/0                   md5*

First match wins in pg_hba.conf, so it is important where the lines
where commented out and added. In other words, need to see the complete
listing to tell much, though I suspect this does not have anything to do
with the problem below.

> 7,then *save*:pg_hba.conf
>
> 8,then *restart* postgresql sever by
>
> *    sudo service postgresql-9.4 restart*
> 9.*close iptables*
> *    sudo service iptables stop
> *
> *
> *
> *got error:*
>
>     Stopping postgresql-9.4 service:                           [  OK  ]
>     Starting postgresql-9.4 service: *[FAILED]*
>

> *tail  /var/lib/pgsql/9.4/pgstartup.log,got*
>
>     < 2015-11-22 11:47:42.691 CST >LOG:  could not create IPv6 socket:
>     Address family not supported by protocol
>     < 2015-11-22 11:47:42.718 CST >LOG:  redirecting log output to
>     logging collector process
>     < 2015-11-22 11:47:42.718 CST >HINT:  Future log output will appear
>     in directory "pg_log".

So the above is the start up logging(which usually just goes to the
screen), before Postgres starts logging to its log file.

> Questions are:
>    1, Is this "could not create IPv6..." just a warning or the actual
> reason of starting failure?
>    2, Where is the pg_log directory?

Per John's post in $PGDATA/pg_log. If there is nothing relevant in there
you might want to look in the system log to see if the OS is shutting
down Postgres for some reason.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com