Re: Mismatched parentheses when creating a rule with multiple action queries

От Yurgis Baykshtis
Тема Re: Mismatched parentheses when creating a rule with multiple action queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The problem happens only when running this query from the plpgsql
function... So it must be a bug specific to plpgsql parser.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yurgis Baykshtis
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:07 PM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Mismatched parentheses when creating a rule with multiple
action queries

PostgreSQL 7.3.2.
The parser does not seem to like semicolon between action queries:
(Mismatched parentheses)

So, it makes impossible to create a rule with more than one action
query.
Or am I missing something?

CREATE RULE my_insert_rule AS ON INSERT  TO my_view DO INSTEAD (     INSERT INTO my_table1... ;     INSERT INTO
my_table2...);

The rule with just one action works fine: DO INSTEAD (     INSERT INTO my_table1...  );