Re: [GENERAL] PG crash on simple query, story continues

От Maksim Likharev
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PG crash on simple query, story continues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>         !if error happend, xfrmlen will be (size_t)-1
>No it won't; see the man page for strxfrm.

RETURN VALUES
     Upon successful completion, strxfrm() returns the length  of
     the  transformed  string (not including the terminating null
     byte). If the value returned is n or more, the  contents  of
     the array pointed to by s1 are indeterminate.

     On failure, strxfrm() returns (size_t)-1.

but you a right it is strxfrm() that returns more than allowed,
most likely in following condition:
    strxfrm(xfrmstr, val, 0)

a null terminator extra.

I am on SunOS 5.8,