Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/19/2015 07:47 AM, Day, David wrote:

> So what are you working on?
>
> The document you link to starts with this:
> "
> Examples of network devices that are covered by requirements in this cPP include routers, firewalls, VPN gateways,
IDSs,and switches. ..."

> So embedded devices. Not sure how prevalent Postgres is in that area.
>
> Also the subsection you refer to seems to be talking only about memory, not storage which is where VACUUM FULL works.
Thatmay be an overly fine distinction, but one that can be made.

>> Appreciate everyone's feedback.  This is perhaps a matter that can feed into future OS ( FreeBSD ) and/or Postgress
development.

>> Regards
>>

>> Dave Day
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
> Adrian
>
> Our app/development is a softswitch, (VoIP), and is considered a network appliance.
> Postgres in general has been a joy to learn and aside from a a hiccup with plperl and FreeBSD (9.8)
> that the discussion board helped me resolve some time ago, dependable and problem free.

I scanned the subsection you referred to, and before acronym fatigue set
in, it seems to refer to in memory key handling during device
authentication. Is your Postgres instance doing that?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Day, David"
Сообщение: Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
От: "Day, David"
Сообщение: Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.