Re: Autovacuum breakage from a734fd5d1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Autovacuum breakage from a734fd5d1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think you made this considerably more fragile with those changes.

This code will only ever run at all in corner cases --- cases that
almost by definition will go untested in the standard regression tests.
The problems you suggest it has are corner-squared or corner-cubed cases.
We were rather fortunate to find the bugs in the committed version before
it got into the field, and would be even less likely to find bugs in code
that is meant to run in corner-squared cases.  So, with all due respect,
I think your priorities here are entirely backwards.  I'm much more
worried about whether the code will still work as intended after the next
big backend code refactoring than about whether it's optimal for cases
that will almost never occur in the field.