Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/10/2015 07:39 AM, Mammarelli, Joanne T wrote:
> Hi – same rookie user as before.
>
> We have one table
>
> 100,000 rows
>
> 80 columns
>
> When we try to retrieve the data (select * from table) using pgadmin, we
> get a 193456 ms retrieve time.

Where is the client(pgAdmin) relative to the server?

Where was the retrieve time measured?

It takes a good bit of time for a GUI to display results, so is that
what you are seeing?

> When I ran a query analyze in the command prompt, we get a 316ms
> retrieve time.

Where are you running from the command line?

Do you mean EXPLAIN ANALYZE <some query> or something else?

Also can you post what the results are of whatever you did?

> .. and finally.  When we retrieve the data from the command line, we get
> a 5720 ms retrieve time.

> Any idea what could be causing the retrieval time discrepancies?

No GUI, just text.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com