Re: tds_fdw - work on windows

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: tds_fdw - work on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/10/15 7:57 AM, Mammarelli, Joanne T wrote:
> Hi – rookie user here.
>
> I’d like to access data on my Microsoft sql database from my postgres
> database.
>
> I stumbled upon the tds_fdw extension and it reads as if it it’s *nix only.
>
> Would acquiring tds_fdw.control from one of the repos possibly work on a
> windows-based postgres installed database?

Building source code on windows is radically different than doing so on
unix, so no. The only thing that might work is setting up a cygwin
environment and seeing if it will build in that.

BTW, if you want to get an easier introduction to using unix than
switching to an actual linux/unix get a Mac. The command line is unix.