Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM
Дата
Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 11/9/2015 11:40 AM, anj patnaik wrote:
> I have a linux 6.5 RHEL VM in which I am running an instance of PG
> 9.4. In order to test NFS, I want to run a second instance on same VM
> but different file system.
>
> Has anyone done this and is it possible with no issues?
>
> Or is it better to run different versions of PG on same server?

these instructions are specific to RHEL 6/CentOS6 and assume you've
installed postgresql from the yum.postgresql.org repository.   all
commands run as root.   /path/to/new/data  must be owned by
postgresql:postgresql and have 700 permissions.

     cd /etc/init.d
     cp postgresql-X.Y postgresql-9.4B
     cd /etc/sysconfig/pgsql
     echo PGPORT=5433 > postgresql-9.4B
     echo PGDATA=/path/to/new/data >> postgresql-9.4B
     chkconfig postgresql-9.4B on
     service postgresql-9.4B initdb
     service postgresql-9.4B start

Сообщение: Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM
Сообщение: Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM