Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/09/2015 03:48 PM, anj patnaik wrote:
> I found this link explaining how to launch multiple instances. I was not
> able to find detailed steps like these in the postgres docs.
>
> Is this accurate from what you perceive? It also says to have separate
> init.d scripts (startup). Thanks
>
> https://opensourcedbms.com/dbms/running-multiple-postgresql-9-2-instances-on-one-server-in-centos-6rhel-6fedora/

Well if you really have your heart set on this I would take look at this:

http://yum.postgresql.org/howtoyum.php

Though the above would depend on how you installed your current version
of Postgres 9.4.

So where did you install it from?

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 11/09/2015 11:40 AM, anj patnaik wrote:
>
>         I have a linux 6.5 RHEL VM in which I am running an instance of
>         PG 9.4.
>         In order to test NFS, I want to run a second instance on same VM but
>         different file system.
>

>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/app-initdb.html
>
>     init the cluster on the file system you want using -D, assuming the
>     VM can access that file system.
>
>     FYI, best practices is not to run on NFS, so do not be surprised if
>     things break.
>

>         Has anyone done this and is it possible with no issues?
>

>         Or is it better to run different versions of PG on same server?
>

>     No, you just need to make sure the Postgres clusters are listening
>     on different ports. That means going into postgresql.conf in the
>     cluster and changing the port variable.
>

>         Please advise. Thanks
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM
Сообщение: Re: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM