Re: Error when test on DBT2 Postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Error when test on DBT2 Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/08/2015 07:40 PM, Tim Chou wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thank you all the time. I also realized that DBT2 has some bugs.
> Actually, I have sent an email to DBT2's mailing list. However, no one
> responded me.
> The latency of a txn is not high in my test. But the number of txns
> processed in one minute are not high.

Well I finally got something to run. Using dbt3 on an old 32bit machine
I got:

aklaver@panda:~> dbt3-run-workload -3 -a pgsql -f 1 -o /tmp/results
SCALE: 1
Using seed: 1109074613
Database is already started: /tmp/pgdata/postmaster.pid.
waiting for server to shut down..... done
server stopped
waiting for server to start.... done
server started
starting system statistics data collection
Mon Nov  9 07:46:17 PST 2015: Throughput Stream 1: Starting RF 1...
Throughput Stream 1: Elapsed time for Refresh Stream 1: 18 seconds
Mon Nov  9 07:46:38 PST 2015: Throughput Stream 1: Starting RF 2...
Throughput Steam 1: Elapsed time for RF 2: 3 seconds
/usr/local/bin/dbt3-throughput-test: line 108:  7337 Terminated
      dbt3-$DATABASE-dbstat ${OUTPUT_DIR}
waiting for server to shut down..... done
server stopped
Elapsed time for performance test: 72 seconds
waiting for server to start...... done
server started
Getting system configuration...
Getting query times...
waiting for server to shut down.... done
server stopped
Post processing query results...
throughput = 1189.29
Done!

Not sure what 'throughput = 1189.29' actually means.

> [...]
>
>                           Error in read.table(file = file, header =
>         header, sep =
>                  sep, quote =
>                           quote,  :
>                               no lines available in input
>                           Calls: read.csv -> read.table
>
>                           I have tracked the file and see the reason is
>         there are no
>                           "TERMINATED"
>                           in mix.log.
>                           However, in my observation, driver and client
>         do not close
>                           elegantly so
>                           they cannot quit with sprintf with the
>         "TERMINATED"
>                  message (These
>                           threads are closed by killall command).
>
>                           1. How can I solve the problem? (I have
>         checked the
>                  bash script
>                           and c
>                           code. I don't know why each thread cannot exit
>         from the
>                  main
>                           loop after
>                           the predefined time. It should exit the main
>         loop at
>                  time xxxx,
>                           which is
>                           a pre-computed value, according to the code.)
>
>                           2. I want to know if my performance is too low.
>                           No matter how I change the parameters, like
>         creating
>                  RAM disk,
>                           improving
>                           the connection number, I always get the
>         similar results.
>                           Here is one of my test results:
>                           Hardware: 4-core, 16GB of memory, two disks,
>         and 1Gb
>                  ethernet
>                           Parameters: 10 warehouses, 30 connections.
>
>                                                      Response Time (s)
>                              Transaction      %    Average :    90th %
>                Total
>                              Rollbacks      %
>                           ------------  -----  ---------------------
>         -----------
>                           ---------------
>                              -----
>                                 Delivery   3.00      0.012 :     0.018
>                    7
>                              0   0.00
>                                New Order  41.63      0.006 :     0.008
>                   97
>                              0   0.00
>                           Order Status   5.58      0.003 :     0.004
>                 13
>                                  0
>                               0.00
>                                  Payment  47.64      0.003 :     0.004
>                  111
>                              0   0.00
>                              Stock Level   2.15      0.005 :     0.007
>                    5
>                              0   0.00
>                           ------------  -----  ---------------------
>                              -----
>                           118.78 new-order transactions per minute (NOTPM)
>                           0.8 minute duration
>                           0 total unknown errors
>                           97.0 seconds(s) ramping up
>
>                           It seems only 2 txns/sec. Is that too low? How

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com