Re: Error when test on DBT2 Postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Error when test on DBT2 Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/08/2015 04:50 PM, Tim Chou wrote:

Really CCing list this time.
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I use git to clone the repository (git clone
> http://git.code.sf.net/p/osdldbt/dbt2 osdldbt-dbt2).
> DBT2's website I used is
> http://sourceforge.net/p/osdldbt/dbt2/ci/master/tree
>
> I said my performance is very low because I read some papers and their
> performance can exceed one thousand of transactions per second. I don't
> want to compare with other databases, but I believe that my performance
> is too low because only 100+ transactions can be processed.
>
> I also try to change the data dir to a ram disk. However, the
> performance keeps similar.
>
> Which version of DBT2 and PostgreSQL do you use to test the performance?

I have not actually used DBT2. With the information you provided I
downloaded it and tried to get it to run here. So far, ultimately
unsuccessful using DBT2 or DBT3. I have gotten as far as the load
test(loading the data) but then it fails for one reason or another. This
is against 9.4. Going to take a break, maybe someone with more
experience using DBT can make suggestions to you.

> [...]
>         <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>         <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>>:
>

>              On 11/07/2015 11:27 PM, Tim Chou wrote:
>
>                  Hi All,
>
>                  When I test the DBT2 with a large number of connections, I
>                  always get
>                  the error:
>
>                  Error in read.table(file = file, header = header, sep =
>         sep, quote =
>                  quote,  :
>                      no lines available in input
>                  Calls: read.csv -> read.table
>
>                  I have tracked the file and see the reason is there are no
>                  "TERMINATED"
>                  in mix.log.
>                  However, in my observation, driver and client do not close
>                  elegantly so
>                  they cannot quit with sprintf with the "TERMINATED"
>         message (These
>                  threads are closed by killall command).
>
>                  1. How can I solve the problem? (I have checked the
>         bash script
>                  and c
>                  code. I don't know why each thread cannot exit from the
>         main
>                  loop after
>                  the predefined time. It should exit the main loop at
>         time xxxx,
>                  which is
>                  a pre-computed value, according to the code.)
>
>                  2. I want to know if my performance is too low.
>                  No matter how I change the parameters, like creating
>         RAM disk,
>                  improving
>                  the connection number, I always get the similar results.
>                  Here is one of my test results:
>                  Hardware: 4-core, 16GB of memory, two disks, and 1Gb
>         ethernet
>                  Parameters: 10 warehouses, 30 connections.
>
>                                             Response Time (s)
>                     Transaction      %    Average :    90th %        Total
>                     Rollbacks      %
>                  ------------  -----  ---------------------  -----------
>                  ---------------
>                     -----
>                        Delivery   3.00      0.012 :     0.018            7
>                     0   0.00
>                       New Order  41.63      0.006 :     0.008           97
>                     0   0.00
>                  Order Status   5.58      0.003 :     0.004           13
>                         0
>                      0.00
>                         Payment  47.64      0.003 :     0.004          111
>                     0   0.00
>                     Stock Level   2.15      0.005 :     0.007            5
>                     0   0.00
>                  ------------  -----  ---------------------  -----------
>                  ---------------
>                     -----
>                  118.78 new-order transactions per minute (NOTPM)
>                  0.8 minute duration
>                  0 total unknown errors
>                  97.0 seconds(s) ramping up
>
>                  It seems only 2 txns/sec. Is that too low? How can I
>         improve the
>                  performance?
>
>                  3. How can I test the performance in distributed mode?

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com