Re: Recursive Arrays 101

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Recursive Arrays 101
Дата
Список pgsql-general

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCUQFjABahUKEwiR6auUlvnIAhXGvhQKHVyDA-s&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdownload.samba.org%2Fpub%2Funpacked%2Fldb%2Fldb_sqlite3%2Ftrees.ps&usg=AFQjCNEktJsibP435MBki5cdGmO_CzKmwg&sig2=I9yC_tpyeWrEueDJTXbyAA&bvm=bv.106674449,d.d24&cad=rja

>> Finding the root is O(1). Going "up" the tree or finding common
>> ancestry is reduced to the problem
>> of finding overlap/intersections/contains/contained between
>> postgresql arrays.
>>
>> The indexes, functions and operators provided by contrib/intarray
>> were a basic element for the success of this
>> approach.
>>
> Going "up" a genealogy to me means getting two parents, four
> grandparents, 8 great grandparents etc.  On a good day, at least when
> there are no loops.  This isn't, to my understanding, how phylogeny
> works (but my genetics degree was thirty year ago) so perhaps I'm
> still confused by the titles used.  And certainly not to say that your
> approach isn't what the OP really needs!

You're actually going 'DOWN' the tree, in terms of how trees are used in
computer science & graph theory!

See http://www.mathcove.net/petersen/lessons/get-lesson?les=32

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: Deadlock detected after pg_repack receives SIGINT
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: Recursive Arrays 101