Re: Recursive Arrays 101

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Recursive Arrays 101
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry for being kind of late to the party (I was in 2015.PgConf.EU !!), and not having read
most of the replies, what we have been successfully doing for this problem for our app
is do it this way :
parents int[] -- where parents stores the path from the node to the root of the tree
and then have those indexes :
btree (first(parents))
btree (level(parents)) -- length
btree (last(parents))
gin (parents gin__int_ops) -- the most important

This has been described as "genealogical tree" approach, and works very good, IMHO much better
than nested sets.