Re: Moving documentation to XML

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Moving documentation to XML
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 10/30/2015 02:40 PM, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Hello, Guillaume.
>
> We have plans to use this for russian translation, too. We translate the
> docs by converting (with xml2po) the single xml to postgres-ru.po and
> after translating it we convert it back to xml (we get postres-ru.xml
> here).  (Until now we had to perform one more conversion
> (postgres-ru.xml -> set of sgml's).)
> So now we can get russian html/* with:
> python xml2po.py -l ru -k -p postgres-ru.po postgres.xml >postgres-ru.xml
> xsltproc --stringparam pg.version '9.4.1'  stylesheet.xsl postgres-ru.xml
>
> But I had some doubts about DSSSL and XSL differences. As I noted
> previously there was at least one visible difference. So I decided to
> customize XSL templates to make sure that html's are generated without a
> loss or corruption.
> I thought that comparing two HTML sources will not work, as they are too
> different, but maybe we can compare text generated from html by lynx,
> for example.
> So I use the following procedure to look for differences:
> 0. Get dsssl-generated html's
> make html
> 1. Extract text content from html's:
>  for f in html/*.html; do fn=`basename $f`; echo $fn; cat $f | perl -0pi
> -pe 's/<B\s*>Note:\s*<\/B\s*>/\<h3>Note<\/h3>/g' | perl -0pi -pe
> 's/><BLOCKQUOTE\s*CLASS="NOTE"/><div/ig' >/tmp/$fn; lynx /tmp/$fn --dump
>>html-text/$fn;
> * Some differences are not significant so it's not reasonable to modify
> XSL templates to eliminate them. Difference in "Note" placement and
> spelling is one of them, so I just filter it out.
> 2. Rename html to html-o and html-text to html-o-text.
> 3. Generate html's with XSL (use modified templates):
> rm -r html; xsltproc --stringparam pg.version '9.4.1' stylesheet.xsl
> postgres.xml
> 4. Extract text content from html's as above.
> 5. Make sure that two text html's are identical:
> diff -s -u -b -I '^\s*_\+\s*$' html-o-text/xtypes.html
> html-text/xtypes.html
> * Differences in whitespaces and length of "____" lines are not
> significant, too.
>
> For now, I've managed to get the same xtypes.html (I tested my XSL
> customizations with it), but I think, we can eliminate other most
> outstanding (or maybe all) differences likewise.
> I can describe XSL customizations in more details, if needed.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander
>
> P.S. I couldn't post the message as a reply due to error on the
> postgresql.org side.
> (<pgsql-docs@postgresql.org>: host makus.postgresql.org[174.143.35.229]
> said:
>     550 Message headers fail syntax check (in reply to end of DATA
> command))

Sorry for not replying earlier but most of the sysadmin team is not
tracking pgsql-docs that closely for issues - afaiks there was a typo in
your mail - the "To" in your mail looked like this:

To: pgsql-docs@postgresql org <pgsql-docs@postgresql.org>

notice that there is a space after "pgsql-docs@postgresql" instead of
what I suspect should be a "." causing the header syntax check in exim
to barf on the mail.

Stefan