Re: pg_archivecleanup not deleting anything?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_archivecleanup not deleting anything?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/02/2015 08:41 AM, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
>> So, as Albe posted pg_archivecleanup is only cleaning up the WAL files,
>> not the auxiliary files. The WAL files would be the ones with no
>> extension and a size of 16 MB(unless someone changed the compile
>> settings).
>
> Okay, thank you both for the explanation! I'm glad to hear that it's not
> a misconfiguration on our side. I guess we should just make sure we
> remove older *.backup files by some other means, because thousands of
> 16MB files add up eventually. We had more than 30k of them!

The *.backup files should not be 16MB and from your original post they
looked to be 300 bytes. Now if you have 30K of 16MB files then something
else is going on.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_archivecleanup not deleting anything?
Сообщение: Re: pg_archivecleanup not deleting anything?