Need help with bash script and postgresql

От Chuck Payne
Тема Need help with bash script and postgresql
Дата
Re: Need help with bash script and postgresql  (Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com>)
Re: Need help with bash script and postgresql  ("Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Re: {Spam} Need help with bash script and postgresql  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Re: Need help with bash script and postgresql  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hey,

I have spend the last several days looking for a website or how to that would show me how to call postgresql in bash script. I know that in mysql I can do like this

for i in `cat myfile.txt` ; do mysql -uxxx -pxxxx -Asse mydatabase  "insert into mytable  (aaa,bbb) values ("xxx", "yyy");"

I have tried to do what with pgsql and it not working. I have looked at my two books I have and they are very limited.

Can some what tell if postgre has flag like -Asse? Or show me a simple script they have do that is kinda like above.

Thanks,

Payne

www.britishscifiexchange.com
www.magigames.net