Re: How can I change defined schema of linked tables when using Access linked table manager odbc connection

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How can I change defined schema of linked tables when using Access linked table manager odbc connection
Дата
Ответ на Re: How can I change defined schema of linked tables when using Access linked table manager odbc connection  ("John J. Turner" <fenwayriffs@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 10/29/2015 05:00 AM, John J. Turner wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2015, at 6:14 AM, Killian Driscoll <killiandriscoll@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using postgresql 9.3 on Windows 8 64, and am using Access as a frontend data entry. In postgresql I have
changedthe schema from 'public' to 'irll'. The linked table in Access are still linked as 'public' and I need to
update/changethe connection of the tables to match the new schema in the postgresql db.

>> I can easily set up a new odbc connection with the new schema, but if I do this I will lose the data input forms I
haveset up in Access. How can I change the defined schema of the linked tables?

> This sounds more like an Access question, so an inquiry to an Access forum may be more fruitful, but have you tried
thelinked table manager in Access?

> You can swap the existing linked table objects to their new connection…

You should not have to make a new connection. Just use the linked table
manager to find the new table and link to it. Access will add the schema
to the beginning of the name. Then in the properties of the form change
the table name in the Source field. Once you are sure everything works
you can unlink the old table. You can always just create some dummy
tables to test before you try the above. Linked tables definitions are
pretty static, I find I have to relink anytime there is a change in a
table.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com