Re: Scalability to more than 64 cores With PG 9.4 and RHEL 7.1 Kernel 3.10

От Alex Ignatov
Тема Re: Scalability to more than 64 cores With PG 9.4 and RHEL 7.1 Kernel 3.10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 28.10.2015 8:04, Javier Muro wrote:
> Has PostgreSQL 9.4  official Support on a system with more than 64
> legitimate cores? ( 72 Cores , 4 CPUs Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7-8890 )
>

> The  work Robert Haas did to fix the CPU locking way back when showed
> significant improvements up to 64, but so far as I know.
>

> Thanks in Advance.
Hello Javier!
Our tests shows that PG 9.4  scales well up to 60 Intel cores. I.E
pgbech -S and  DB on tmpfs gave us 700 000 tps. After 60 соres s_lock is
dominating  in cpu usage%. 9.5 scales way better.

--
Alex Ignatov
The Russian Postgres Company