Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
>> I'm going to leave CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY and MEMORY_CONTEXT_CHECKING
>> turned on by --enable-cassert for now, however.

> Urk, this looks pretty expensive, is there any flags available that
> will enable the assertion checking without expensive memory zeroing
> (or 0xdeadbeef'ing) free'd memory?

You can twiddle the declarations in config.h (or config.h.in).

> Is running enable-cassert on my production boxes going to cause
> a lot of overhead?

While I haven't tried hard to measure it, the profiles that I've done
don't show it as a huge cost.

In any case, you're not planning to run beta code as production,
are you?

Сообщение: Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)
Сообщение: Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)