Re: Charlotte, NC PUG

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Charlotte, NC PUG
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 10/27/2015 11:28 AM, Boyan Botev wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Boyan Botev and I am interested in starting a Postgres User
> Group in Charlotte, NC. I would like to have more speakers of the
> caliber of Bruce Momjian (who presented to my company recently), Robert
> Haas and other Postgresql gurus be able to visit Charlotte to present
> and educate the local Postgres community and I was told a PUG is the
> answer. It would also be a good opportunity to meet with other like
> minded Postgres users who may be around here. Charlotte has a big
> airport hub and is easy to travel to and from. I hope this is the right
> place for this request.

It is the right place.

Generally folks kick this off by starting a Meetup.com group, unless
there's another scheduling platform which is popular in your area.  If
you want financial help with the meetup subscription, it's usually
available.

My advice is to get the meetup account, find a speaker, find a venue,
schedule them, and then broadcast the information about the first
meeting here, on pgsql-general, and on PostgreSQL News and events.
That'll get the word out.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.