Re: Recursive Arrays 101

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Recursive Arrays 101
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/26/2015 08:32 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
> On 10/26/2015 09:22 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> Seems to me that if life boils down to four attributes one would have a
>>> single table with those four attributes on the particular life form.
>>
>> Out of curiosity what are those four attributes? It would have made
>> memorizing all those organisms a lot easier when I was in school:)
>>
> kingdom phylum class genus as attributes in species table.  Talk about
> your "natural key".  The hibernate boys would love it :)

Well in this classification system it would need to be:

kingdom phylum class order family genus

What makes it complicated is that these are just the slots. How
organisms are slotted depends on attributes and there are a lot of them.
This means there is a constant rearrangement in the slotting.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com