Re: trouble downloading postgres 9.4 for RHEL 6.x

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: trouble downloading postgres 9.4 for RHEL 6.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/21/2015 11:58 AM, anj patnaik wrote:
> With the graphical installer, I had a way to create a user. Does it
> create postgres user by default?

after following the steps I gave earlier, do this...

     $ sudo -u postgres psql
     ....  postgres=# create user YOURNAME password 'whatever' superuser;
     ....  postgres=# create database YOURNAME owner YOURNAME;
     ....  postgres=# \q
     $

and now when logged in as unix user 'YOURNAME', you can connect to psql
and use all admin functionality directly.   if you want a gui admin
utility...

     $ sudo yum install -y pgadmin3_94
     $ pgadmin