Re: problems with copy from file

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: problems with copy from file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/14/15 11:40 AM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> test=*# \copy httpd_log (data) from '~/test.log';
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xb1
> CONTEXT:  COPY httpd_log, line 3: "other-domain bb.243.xx.yyy - - [06/Nov/2014:00:48:22 +0100]
"\x16\x03\x01\x01\xb1\x01"501 10..."

I don't think it's possible with COPY. The issue is that COPY is passing
the string to text_in() to process, and text_in is treating that as an
escape sequence (which it is...).

You could maybe create a raw_text type that had a different input
function and define a view that had that type and a trigger to put the
data in the table. You wouldn't want to use raw_text in a table though,
because you wouldn't be able to safely dump and restore it.

Сообщение: Re: ID column naming convention
Сообщение: Re: ID column naming convention