Re: Any hope for more specific error message for "value too long..."?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Any hope for more specific error message for "value too long..."?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I seem to recall a discussion a few years back but cannot find it searching
> online.  The one post I did find was from 6 years ago and I was the only
> respondent and basically said the same or less than I am here.

I dug in the archives and came across a crude POC hack here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/21693.1478376334@sss.pgh.pa.us

At the time I didn't want to pursue it further because of Andres'
pending work on redoing expression execution, but that's landed now.