Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/30/2015 12:02 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:

> If people are hell-bent on every tool being separate then fine, but I
> get the distinct impression that everyone is discarding GitLab out of
> hand based on completely bogus information.

Right, we need to stop thinking that every task is not interrelated.
They all are. Although I am not a big fan of the gitlab idea but that is
more out of ignorance of the software/service than anything else. My
core focus on this discussion is to educate the -hackers that don't
understand that all of this is related and to have a bug tracker, and a
separate commitfest app, and a isolated git server that doesn't interact
with any of them except through a commit message is broken.

If we can come to a solution that properly links the processes together
(without outright throwing them out the window), that is the best
solution. A "bug" tracker doesn't do that. It just adds another piece.
An issue tracker (as everything including this discussion is an issue)
works because an issue can be classified and tracked for its purpose.

JD