Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL-panel causes 100% CPU and lockup on windows (Was Stability and compatability issues on windows xp)

От Nikolai Zhubr
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL-panel causes 100% CPU and lockup on windows (Was Stability and compatability issues on windows xp)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,
29.09.2015 1:17, I wrote:
[...]
> Here is how to reproduce. (Procedure valid at least for win xp and 7)
> In under 1 minute!

Some more observations. Same problem happens also in function properties
window, in the 'Code' tab:

- choose some simple (lets say empty) function, open its properties;
- click on the 'Code' tab;
- place this properties window so that its righthand margin is somewhat
beyond the right margin of the monitor, making some part of SQL editor
invisible (out of the real screen space);
- click to place cursor into the function body and type 'select now()';
- watch the CPU load.

So it looks like ctlSQLBox instances are affected, although ctlSQLBox
itself seems quite harmless (looking at the code), except for maybe
ctlSQLBox::OnPositionStc() about which I've just no idea. And since
ctlSQLBox is a direct descendant of a wx class, it looks like maybe it
is actually wxwin to blame.
So my theory is:
-- either ctlSQLBox::OnPositionStc() itself,
-- or the underlying wx class (classes).

I haven't arranged a development environment yet, but am going to.

Thank you,
Nikolai